Re: amp find

In a message dated 9/5/03 9:03:14 AM, Lsboogie44@xxxxxxx writes:

<<The most desirable was a 1960 Fender Bassman in original condition except
the
original owner had painted the tweed black when the blackface generation came
out. The store has had it recovered in tweed and it looks great.  No, I
didn't play through it as the price is $3,995 as I remember.  >>

That is a real shame that they recovered that amp, the paint could have been
stripped off of the original tweed with a lot of painstaking work and some
love.
The price on a recovered bassman also seems to be real pricey!
HB