Re: F Harps

Sonny Boy II played F harp a lot. It's been awhile, but Decoration
Day on the "shoe" album (More Real Folk Blues) was on a high F, as
were several others he recorded for Chess - Temerature 110, Nine
Below Zero - put on any of his albums and there's bound to be at
least three and they all sound great. He uses the brightness and high
pitch of the instrument to wonderful expressive effect without ever
being shrill.

Winslow

- --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tim Bennett"
<timbennett@xxxx> wrote:

I'm searching for inspiration...

What are some of the best songs you can remember where the harp
player used
second position on an F harp (key of C). I know a lot of guys use the
low F
harp but I'm looking for solos done with a regular F harp.

Any favorites? New or classic!

Thanks,

Tim Bennett
Indianapolis, IN