Butterfield mic--the correct answer....

A few years ago when I was starting work on the series of articles on
Butter that I authored, I travelled to LA to meet with his ex-wife.  She
had Paul's kit, and I got to look through it, checking out his mic and
harps.  He did NOT have a 545SD in his kit.  What he had was a three-pin,
54PE, a high impedance only mic.  Shure made few of these.  He also still
had an old style Shure connector (tear drop) for the mic cable.  His kit
included Marine Bands, a few Blues Harps, and even a Meisterklasse in
A......TOM ELLIS/Tom's Mics