Re: Bassman RI

If you're looking for a dual use amp, I think you're better off looking for that SF Super.  Not that the Bassman is good at either, it is both a great guitar and harp amp, but for simultaneous dual use, the two channel AB763 type Fender combo amp really excels from my personal experience.  Having two totally separate channels each with their own tone and volume controls, and
internally separate pre-amp circuits makes setting up the amp for both guitar and harp much better.  With the Bassman, the tone controls will have to be adjusted every time you switch instruments, and any tube swaps will affect the use of the amp for one use or the other, ex: tube swaps that enhance the amp for harp might not sound best for guitar and vice versa.  I've over the
years modified quite a few BF/SF Fender amps for dual use for both myself and customers.  It's definitely the better way to go if you want to use one amp at a gig for both uses, especially if you hope to be able to pick up a mic and blow a harp solo in the middle of a tune that you also happen to play guitar on...much easier than having to bend over the amp and start fiddling with
controls every time you switch.

This is not a dis on tweed amps for both guitar and harp use...I use these too... but if you go tweed, you'll wanna get two amps one for guitar and one for harp!!!  Can't have too many tweed amps IMHO!!!;-)

As far as hoping to get a bargain on a SF Super on Ebay...start checking other sources, local music stores, newspapers, etc.  Prices on Ebay have gotten much higher that what you may find locally.  I recently picked up an excellent condition 72 Super for $650 locally, I just serviced a slightly beat up 68 SF Super for a local guitar player that he picked up for $400!!!  Yeah this
one needed work but upon servicing discovered it was a true and original BF chassis and circuit, just with a SF faceplate, what a steal, a BF Super for $400!!!  Just keep on looking...they're out there.

Good luck,
Don D.