Re: Auto-Wah for Harp

Iron Man wrote:

>I like to use effects like salt, lightly and sparingly, to impart a slight
>variation in my harmonica sound. A little salt brings out the natural
>flavor. Too much makes it unpalatable.

Well yes - too much of anything is by definition not a good thing.

However, what constitutes "too much" really depends on the context. I
like to use subtle tonal colourations too (to bring out the natural
flavour of the harp, if you like), but there are also times when I do
just what Tim described, processing a signal until it sounds totally
unlike the original. I'd like to think that I do that with as much
creativity, imagination and taste as I put into my acoustic playing.

Often less is more, but sometimes more is more...

:)

 -- Pat.