RE: CD transfers

Bob Loomis asked:> Subject: CD transfers

> I have five music CD-Rs of live music from Geezperpalooza 2002,
> our annual potluck and music party. Each CD features one of the
> performers/groups that played at the gathering. The basic CD
> copying program that came with my PC won't let me take a track or
> two off each CD onto one CD in order to create a "Geezerpalooza
> Live" compilation. Does anyone on the list have suggestions as to
> a aprogram I can install on my computer to achieve this goal.
> I've seen some in computer stores, but none of them specifically
> say that they will let you take tracks off more than one CD-R and
> copy them to one CD-R. Thanks in advance and sorry for the
> cross-post to those on other lists where I've previously posted this!

Hi, Bob -

I've had great results using an inexpensive program called "Pyro" from
Cakewalk:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Pyro/default.asp

It's very powerful, yet simple to use.  You can download it for $30.  It'll
rip CD songs tune by tune and  then burn them back onto a CD in any order
you like.  That's only a fraction of its capabilities.  It can record two
channels, convert songs to any popular format, allows editing songs, etc.
It will also burn data CD's.  I also have Cakewalk's expensive "Sonar"
program, which is really for professional recording/editing, etc.  I end up
using Pyro a lot more as it is far simpler and easier to use.

Michelle