Re: classic rock tunes with harp

Another suggestion is to play the melody of the song on harmonica, straight
or embellished.

A lot of harpers wonder why music theory is mentioned so much in harp
discussions. This is a good example.  Creating unique harmonica parts in
songs that don't normally have a harmonica is easier if we understand a
little theory.  For example, certain melody patterns, scales, and such tend
to go better with certain chords and progressions.

David Gilmour of Pink Floyd plays a lot of lush lyrical leads and licks that
translate to harmonica very nicely.  Listen not only to the notes, but also
the expression and "feel".

- --mike