Reed Tuning/wondering pitch

An open question.  All suggestions appreciated.

When I'm tuning my reeds using a digital chromatic tuner
it is clear that some of the reeds, most commonly the
highest pitch ones wander in pitch up and down as much as
plus or minus 25% of a semitone.

Some of them are obvious to the ear that they wander all over the place.
I'm not talking about a change in pitch over days, I'm talking
seconds- up and down, and up and down. I'm also not talking about
pitch bending, or particular embouchure changes. I'm trying to get one clear
repeatable, measurable pitch so I can fine tune the reed.

Some of the lower pitch reeds, particularly blow reeds will gradually
go flat over a period of about 60 seconds while I'm playing them,
probably due to condensation on the reed, but this is not the main problem.

Do any of you know how to make the pitch of a reed stay
at one pitch, at least for the tuning process.

Dave Fowler