Re: Harp Dynamics

Hey Jp,

- --- Jp Pagan <jpl_pagan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   anyway, i wanted to ask people's opinions on
> what i'll term 'dynamics' here.
<<snip>>

All the things you've already mentioned are good
for mixing up your sound.

Also, I like to change my ~style~ of play from song
to song... going from a lot of TB-driven Chicago
effects to a more melodic single-note approach.
Playing soft and sweet single notes with lots of
vibrato over a ballad-type song like Summertime,
for example, sounds ~very~ different from whomping
the hook for Hoochie Coochie Man.

As far as effects goes, I only use a little reverb
and sometimes a touch of delay -- rarely both at
once. I have a POD 6 unit with lots of nifty
tricks, but it's more bother than it's worth IMO,
so I never use it onstage.

Harpin in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens