220 Volt Eurpean Amps

Robb Bingham from harp-l wrote :

excerpt :
Anybody know what I need to do to transform my
European [German/220 v] Amps to USA [110v]?

I thought this was a good question to answer for more than one group .

What you need is a step down transformer , I queried Google for this and here's the page I got with all sorts of references to getting what you need .

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=step+down+transformer&btnG=Google+Search

Short answer is , that we here in the USA use 120 Volts ac , @60hz and Europeans use 220 Volts ac , @50z . A, "Step Down Transformer " is what bridges the gag for what you need to play them here states side.

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramon

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx