Re: Jon Gindick's jam camp

> The teachers, Paul Harrington, Dennis (Harmaniac)Cooper, Mike Rubin, and
of course our Jon were just fantastic.

Yup, I have to agree Jude.  I just wanted to mention Tim Northcut as well.
He lugged around the PA's, hooked us up with a band for our Sunday afternoon
jam and did all kinds of things to help us out.

For me, the Austin camp was a 3 day harp orgy that's going to take me a few
days to recover from. It's Monday at about noon CA time and I haven't slept
since Saturday night aside for about 20 minutes of fitful sleep on the plane
ride home this morning.  For me it's always the jam at the end of the
seminar that gets me excited.  Everyone that stuck around for the jam ended
up playing with the band, including a couple of players who have been
playing harp for less than a week.  We  had a real treat as we were winding
down when Jimmy Lee walked in and played a song for us followed up by  2
songs from Bonsai the door man at Joe's Generic bar.  He's another one of
those unknown harp players that plays just as good or better than some of
the pro's I've heard.

After our jam ended it just so happend that the Austin HOOT chapter was
having their aniversary jam at Antones just as our jam was ending.  Tom
Stevens invited us all out so a group of us went, got to play a bit, then
setteled in to listen to Jimmy Lee play a full set, followed up by a concert
by the headliner Gary Primrich.

I left Austin this morning hoping the newer players really grasped how lucky
they were to be around so many good harp players, Gary Primrich, Dennis
Cooper, Paul Harrington, Michael Rubin, Jimmy Lee, Jon, etc. all in one
weekend.

Time for me to pass out,  sorry about the typo's

Mark