Harpin at the Opry

   Many yrs ago I had a Charlie McCoy album entitled "Fastest Harp in
The South".

   Well, for the last couple weeks I have been listening to a tune (+
9 others). The tune is called "Fastest Harp in The South" by Jerl
Welch. It is on his "Harpin at The Opry" tape.

   I think Charlie has some competition here. As a LONG time fan of
McCoy with what I would call a "Seasoned EAR for his musical style",
I was hard pressed to close my eyes, listen, and NOT believe I was
listening to Charlie.

  Side one is composed of pop & country standards
1...Let's Get Started
2...You Don't Know Me (I almost cried on THIS one)
3...Wind Beneath my Wings (Refreshing arrangement)
4...Crazy Arms
5...Fastest Harp etc.
  Side two is Gospel
1..Precious Memories
2..Jesus Hold my Hand
3..Peace in the Valley
4..Amazing Grace
5..I Saw The Light.

   What a delightful tape. What with all this talk about THIS harp and
THAT harp, I just want to know what JERL plays, cause I want to be
just like HIM when I grow up.

   smo-joe