re: Found an old microphone

on Wed, 8 Oct 2003 20:24:43 -0400
in his subject, Found an old microphone,
Will wrote:

>While going through some old boxes in the attic I found an old Electro-Voice
>model 630.  The connector is female and I don't seem to have the cord for
>it.  Does anyone know if this is of any value or good for harmonica?  I'd
>really appreciate the benefit of your collective knowledge.

Will,  if in good condition,
you may have yourself a very nice mic -
not only for playing with, but also for looking good with.

i got one about 5 years ago through the kindheartedness of Tim Moyer
(who seems to have become famous these days as a film critic,
but far better known as an excellent harp customizer).

it's a beaut and sounds great.  my 630 has an XLR connection - and i've used
it by playing directly into the mains rather than an amp .

good luck with it!

- -sg
tumon bay, guam