Re: Shure PE-54

In a message dated 10/8/03 9:02:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sunday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi all,
Shure PE-54 (pistol grip)...anyone used one of these mics?
Any info on its characteristics and application?
Thanks
Pete
Hey pete,

The Shure PE-54 is a great mic for harp. The sound  has a nice tight mid
along with a solid bottom end that is nice. Its design is the predecessor to the
Shure 57 and is one of the best microphones used in amplified harp. Butterfield
used this mic along with several others, Tom Ellis who posts to this page
knows TONS about the Shure PE-54, so hopefully he can give you some lowdown on
the mic. I only know what my ears tell me, and that it is a great mic. Below is
included alink to Shure's discontinued products page, on it should be the
PE54's product info.

Andrew

User Guides - Discontinued Products