Is gapping a chromatic different than a diatonic?

Love Harp-l even though I mostly lurk...It's existence has kept me playing.

Conventional wisdom on gapping is that setting the gap at 'nominally the thickness of a given reed' is nominally a good place to start. I've found this good advice. I've gapped and tuned diatonics for a while (and only trashed a few...)

Is there any difference in gapping with chromatics?

Both my chromes need gapping (Hering 64 and Tenor C CX12) but I've been reluctant to get under the hood... Is 'nominally the thickness of a given reed' still a good place to start?

Thanks

David B.