Re: PBS blues documentary (Friday)

the Leones wrote:
> I came in in the middle and after 10-15 minutes of Tom Jones,
> I got disgusted and turned it off. What was THAT all about?

Did you *listen* to Tom Jones?  That man has one HELL of a voice, and
whether or not you identify him with his "It's Not Unusual", leather
pants and swinging hips background, he laid down some awesome
vocals.  If you switched off before Lulu's closing number, you really
missed out.

I think the fact that the British picked up on the blues that
Americans were ignoring and brought it back to the states was pretty
much the point of the show.

- -tim