Re: Kim Wilson's Influences

In a message dated 10/3/03 9:44:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jimbeauharp@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The influence is certainly there.

I can think of at least one T-Bone song that Kim covered: "The Hustle" which
is on Tigerman.

Anyone who plays any jump-style blues is going to be influenced by T-Bone
Walker. If T-Bone didn't invent the style, he certainly defined it for
everyone else.

Jimbeau
True,

T-Bone Walker has been a massive influence on the jump style, west coast kind
of blues. One thing I always notice about T-Bone is his exquisite guitar
tone, and understated phrasing. He is great singer to boot, and I can see why
anybody would mimic him to some degree. Guitar players should listen to T-Bone
more IMHO, and especially notice how little or no distortion shows up in his
guitar tone.

Andrew