Re: Hering 1923

Ben wrote: snip>But after a 2 hour practice session the wood around holes 4
- -5 -6 starts
>swelling (a little). snip

and G: snip>
>The problems you had with the sealed Ramos comb are exactly what I've
>experienced with the few Beeswax soaked Marine Band combs I've made.
snip>Personally I've found that four coats of water based polyurethane works
very
>well.  snip

Hi Ben & G

I don't know how (and especially how long) you and Tony impregnated the
combs in beeswax.
I followed Magic Dave's formula, and haven't had any wood swelling at all.
As for the polyurethane stuff - unfortunately it seems to be impossible to
find in Europe (right Ben?).

Ludo

Op zoek naar makkelijk recept? http://www.msn.be/culinair