Re: Scorsese Documentary

> Does anyone know anything about the harmonica player playing with Sam Lay
in
> tonights PBS series episode "Godfather's and Sons"

I was wondering who he was as well,  I'm sure we'll hear by morning.  I must
say, the episode that ran tonight is the documentary I've been waiting for
since Sunday. I enjoyed all the other films, but this one really grabbed me.
I thought it was a supreme effort. The highlight for me was all the rare
footage, old and new, of guys I've rarely or have never seen, Butterfield,
Sonny Boy, Wolf, Walter, Perking, Sam Lay, Willie Dixon, etc..    The old
timers from the 20's and 30's singing the blues, solo with an accoustic
guitar, are interesting to me from a historical point of view, but, when I
hear a band plugged in doing the Chicago thing I really start to feel the
music.

We were lucky here in the LA market, tonights film was followed up by a
short piece on Jimi Hendrix and his ties to the blues.  There were a couple
of clips of him digging deep into the music both accoustically and
amplified.  I've never really looked at him as a blues artist, but, after
watching him tonight, it's pretty obvious where he came from.

Tomorrow night is looking pretty good too, especially if you cut your teeth
on the late 60's early 70's music coming out of Britan.

Mark