Re: Tongue blocking on chrom

Jason Paul Stolaruk asks:

> Dear chrom players,
> I'm interested in learning how many holes you block with your tongue
> accomplish the sounding of a single note... 2?... 3?
> When you want to play a single note, does everybody generally block
with their
> tongue on the left, opening a hole on the right?
> Thanks,
> -jason

Jason,
I'm no expert, BUT.....

Generally (I think) most players will block 2, 3 or 4 holes... kind of
depends on what other techniques you're going to apply (like slaps,
switches, etc.). Rarely only 1 hole. The 4 hole block would be used to
play an octave (block 4 holes in the middle, play the 2 outside holes.
Although it's a good idea to become as "equally proficient" as you can
from either side, most players tend to TB on the left.

If you want to learn a TON about chromatic technique on the www, I
HIGHLY recommend G's page:
http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/index.html
G has put a ton of effort, intelligence and care into this website.
It's THE BEST chromatic resource on the www. Period.

- -Scorcher