Re: solo tuned harps

 ----- Original Message -----
 From: "Scorcher" <s_c_o_r_c_h_e_r@xxxxxxx>
 > I originally suggested using hohner 270s for your purpose.
 > It probably sounded like a smart-a** answer, but think about it:

 > -But they'd probably COST you as much (or nearly so) as a 12-hole
 > chromatic. And they wouldn't have a slide, and a whole other key to
 > play....in fact, looked at one way, you get TWICE as much harmonica
 > for your $$$ with a chromatic. ;-)
 > (you play a C chrom in D or Eb in 3rd) - PLUS, you can't get a
 > diatonic solo in "C-Tenor".

 Not only that, you get the ability to handle that occasional important
 accidental (sharp or flat not in the key signature).  Example: "Blue
Spanish
 Eyes" has only four accidentals  near the end that you cannot avoid or
 finesse (as diatonic players do.)  These are easy to learn and use because
 you can hear them in the minor chords.  Having this capability will greatly
 expand the quantity and quality of your repertoire even if you never start
 playing complicated stuff like "Lazy River" or in other keys. This is a
good
 way to ease into chromatic playing.

 Vern

 Visit my harmonica website: www.hands-free-chromatic.7p.com