Key for Gimme Shelter?

In what key is the opening track on Let it Bleed, "Gimme Shelter"? I have
some sheet music that says it should be in D, but it just doesn't sound
right. Maybe it's just me.

I'm fairly new to all this, and I find I can work out some keys easily,
while others elude me. I bought the Jon Gindick Rock n' Blues Harmonica book
to get keys to some classic albums and though I was disappointed with the
list, the book and accompanying CD are brilliant and lots of fun to work
with. I can highly recommend it.

Any help on other Rolling Stones songs appreciated too.

Thanks,

Isabelle
(from the UK where we don't thank anyone today)