Re: airtight Chro cup

> KC Mojo says:
> One time I was just curious about this subject, so I used some tape
to cover the extra half inch or so that I couldn't get sealed
> with my 64. This did the job, but I didn't like the appearance. You
could find some black weatherstripping that would tuck in the
> opening nicely without looking objectionable. I didn't feel like it
was worth bothering with, because my 64 has so much volume
> that it was overdriving the mic already. Getting that little bit
extra actually was a little bit too much for my personal taste.

Hmmmm....interesting point. I've noticed it can hit the mic awfully
hard, alright. But, I think the advantage is that you have just that
little extra edge of control, like with a diatonic. I rarely ever cup
my 'tonic _absolutely_ air-tight - I just use it for effect.

I have the same problem with the appearance that you did. I wonder: If
a metal cover (nicely chrome plated) was available for your 64, that
worked like a turbo-lid, but didn't change your embouchure, would you
consider investing in one?
Would it be worth $100.00? I'm designing a prototype now, but I may
never get to the "production" phase.