Lessons

I've been wrestling with the whole "Lessons" issue...
I'm completely self-taught - everything I know I got out of a book, or
from listening to other players...later, from this & other lists, and
from talking to guys at jams.

I've been looking for a Teacher for years - thought I met one, but
couldn't abide his personality.

How many of you has taken one-on-one lessons with a Teacher (not a
seminar, but real lessons)? How valuable was the experience?

How many of you ARE teachers?

Can a player get to be REALLY good WITHOUT lessons?
- -Scorcher