Yerxa - The Early Years

Recently, on HarpTalk, a mention of Jack Bruce and a discussion on how
members got started playing harmonica prompted Winslow Yerxa to write:

>When I think about it, if there is one person who motivated me to
>start playing harmonica, it'd have to be Jack Bruce. That little two-
>note lick on "Spoonful" on the first Cream Album, "Fresh Cream" got
>me crooning those notes into an electric kazoo that I'd cobbled
>together out of old telephone parts, with my garage band at age 14-
>1/2. Pretty soon I started to feel a bit silly - there I was all
>dolled up like Hendrix (or at least the best I could muster up and
>get away with - probably looked pretty lame!) - humming into a little
>black biscuit.

Well, I'm sorry, but the imagery of that last line was too much to
ignore, and I just had to see it for myself.  So can you, at this URL:

http://www.tfn.net/~bobg/TooHIP.htm

Who knew???  I mean... like, WOW, man!!!

=[BOBBIE]=
ILUS HARMONICAS <><><><><><> http://www.tfn.net/~bobg/Renaissance.htm