  From: Robert Koch=20
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx=20
  Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 3:23 PM
  Subject: Replacement tubes for a Sonny Jr

     Dear list,

     I am the proud owner of a Sonny Jr amplifier (serial # 51) that I =
got this morning. Unfortunately, a tube broke during the transport. It =
is a Philips ECG JAN 6L6 WGB made in the US. A have a pair of matched =
Sovteks 5881 WXT. Can I use those for replacement? Was the 6L6 biased =
and do I need biased tubes to get my amp working? I don't know if the =
Sovteks are biased... And, BTW,  what does "biased" mean? I don't want =
to ruin this beautiful amp and all help/advice is welcome. Thanks
  Robert aka Sunnyside Bob.