Re: What's in your CD player?

Copying Rob's Format:

In my CD carousel:

*Steppin' In It - "Last Winter in Copper Country" (This is great
Bluegrass/Western Swing/Folk group from Lansing with a rising star in
the harp world - Andy Wilson) http://www.steppininit.com  No
affiliation, etc.

*Paul DeLay - "Ocean of Tears" - One of my all time most listened to
CD's.

*Thelonious Monk - "Greatest Hits" - Phrasing, phrasing, phrasing.

*Tower of Power - "East Bay Grease" - Way ahead of it's time - serious
Funk.

*Madcat and the Cats - "Live at the Ark" - I picked this up after seeing
Madcat blow the roof of the stage at the East Lansing Arts Festival a
week ago.

*James Conway - "Mouth Box" - He wowed me again at Buckeye and I picked
up this Gem of a CD

On my MP3 player:

*Jimmy Smith - "Chicken Shack"

*Duke Ellington - "Caravan" and "Satin Doll"

*Horace Silver - "Song for My Father"

*Thelonious Monk - "Well You Needn't" and "Blue Monk"

In my Truck:

*Lots of Aebersold stuff.

In my DVD player:

*Standing In the Shadows of Motown - Rob is correct - The Funk Brothers
rule!!!

- --
Alec Drachman
http://www.bluecats.org