RE: Kim Wilson @ Winston's

> > In a message dated 5/10/03 12:40:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> > dr.alters-wizardsway@xxxxxxx writes:
> >

> > > Saw Kim Wilson for the first time.  It was last night at
Winston's in Ocean
> > > Beach for his first set.
> > >
> > > I thought he was clear, articulated well and had great tone and
rhythm.  I
> > > was set up by other harp players to expect the unexpected the
unplayable.  The
> > > rare.  I did not hear that.

Dennis, sounds like it was a good gig. I'd love to have someone say my
playing was well articulated, toneful, and had good rhythm!
;-)
FWIW, if you want to hear an example of KW doing the unexpected, the
rare, listen to what he does with SBW's "Trust My Baby" on cut 12 of
Tigerman. Very impressive stuff.

I wish I had been at Winston's - I've heard he's very professional,
good with fans, and has "TONE for DAYS"....(some other traits I wish I
had) :-o.

- -Scorcher