Banjos (no harp content)

JP asked:
    sorry for the off-topic post, but like Obi Wan, you're my only hope ;) a
friend of mine is getting into playing the banjo and i'd really like to buy
her a solid instructional book/tape/video. any pickers here on harp-l have
any recommendations?

Any of Pete Wernick's books would be excellent choices.  Tony Trishka
likewise.  Best one I've ever seen is written by both of them, and
called "Masters of the 5-String Banjo," but it may be out of print...
(?)

cheers and good luck,

- -Tom Ball, whose brother Steve gigs as a banjo player.  (Jeez, now if
we only had another brother who played accordion, we could
collectively do a trio with the three most reviled musical
instruments on earth...)   :)