12DW7/amp question

Don DiStefano wrote:

The 12DW7 works
great for harp on cathodyne inverters by lowering the gain on the input side
of
the inverter but keeping a high gain triode on the output side providing a
strong signal to the power tubes.  This allows you to raise the gain (or
volume)
on the first gain stage of the amp before feedback.  You can then experiment
with a 12AX7, 5751, or 12AY7 on the first gain stage tube position.  I do
this
with my tweed Harvard which uses a cathodyne inverter and it works great.

Aside from the power tubes and the rectifier, my tweed Harvard has a 12AX7
and a 6AT6.  Which one do you sub with a 12DW7?  Put another way, which tube
is in the inverter?  Many thanks in advance.

George