Daily Almanac - March 13

I have no events to report for today.

The one thing that I've learned over the many years that I've been playing
and listening to music is that fear is one of the greatest enemies to
overcome.  The fear of trying new ideas.  The fear of listening to styles
outside of your own.  The fear of failure.  Many of my favorite musicians
have gone way outside the range of commercisal safety and many of them
initially failed when they did so.  Some of those works grow on us over time
and eventually become masterpieces.  We can not grow as musicians unless we
are willing to venture into the unfamiliar.

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net