From: Russ Bradley [mailto:wbradley@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 5:50 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Harp at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

I've had friends go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and come back with
stories of how great the exhibits are.  I hear they had a real good one
on Robert Johnson a few years back.  The curators are doing an
outstanding job.
This being said,  I don't mean to rain on your parade with what follows,
John.  I'm glad you had a great time.  I might have too, but I have two
major sore spots with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and I can't see
visiting it until they rectify at least one of them.
1.  Cleveland?  No offense to anyone from Cleveland, but it's not
exactly the most significant city in the history of Rock and Roll.  Why
did they pick Cleveland for the site except that it's all about money?
 It SHOULD have been located in Memphis (but I could see New Orleans or
Chicago also).
2.  They have yet to induct Rober Jr. Lockwood.  This is offensive for 2
reasons:
     a.  You can't get from Robert Johnson (inductee) to B.B. King
(inductee) without Robert Jr. Lockwood (not inducted).  It's a fact of
musical history.
     b.  Robert Jr. Lockwood is a resident of Cleveland.  Once again,
why is it located in Cleveland?  Above and beyond the fact that Robert
Jr.'s musical contributions merit induction even if he were living in
Nome, Alaska, they can't even induct a resident of Cleveland who was a
significant influence?
It's all about the money.

adams, john wrote:

> I visited the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland on Friday.  They
> have two videos they show in a theater near the entrance to the
> museum.  When you first arrive. the first program starts with "Mystery
> Train" featuring harp, and at the end of the second video program as
> you are exiting, they play "Join Together" by the Who, that starts
> with the harmonica.
>
> Great time was had by all.
>
> John Adams
> http://www.deludedblues.com