Re: Weekend Yard Sale score

   It's not E-Bay so much as the PEOPLE who lurk E-Bay. Though there
are a lot of people out there with computers, not everyone has one.
Some that DO (like myself) pay absolutely NO attention to E-Bay.
   BUT, a lot of people DO and therefore, cruise around (at least down
here in Fla) just looking to score something to make a profit on.

   This is further stimulated by the (sad) fact that people are dying
all the time and houses are in a continual state of "emptying-out"
for estate purposes. The "Ghouls" cruise around, collect stuff and
then sell it., You would be SURPRISED at what gets tossed out. A lot
is good stuff but with no basements (and no storage) in these homes,
people just don't have the room.

   Case in point; Once a month we are allowed to put ANYTHING out by
the curb. I created a large pile and one of the items was a clarinet.
Nothing wrong with it, I had 3 and felt that the 2 (better ones) were
enough. I felt someone might be able to use it. So this guy pulls up
in a pick-up, snatches it and drives off.

   He lives just a block away, has NO kids, looks like a good'ole boy
(abt 35), and his yard is a veritable re-cycling center.? Hmmm, makes
you wonder.
BTW, he ALSO took a perfectly good cowboy hat, fan, lawn chair,
single bed,  and storage cabinet later that night.........smokey-joe