Rick Estrin and Little Charlie and the Nightcats

I just got home a while ago from watching Little Charlie and the Nightcats. I
have come to the conclusion that this band does about as good as anyone at
entertaining a crowd.
I had the chance to talk with Rick Estrin at some length. He was playing a
JT30 with a crystal element through a Harpking amp, with just a little reverb
added, which apparently is new to him. He was concerned about how he sounded and
asked me two different times how it sounded out front. He had to play at a
lower volume than he was used to , but it sounded great. Hell, Estrin always
sounds great. It was a good show, their last on their current tour.
Estrin is playing Marine Bands, customized by Richard Sleigh.
My favorite part was the first encore (there were three encores, the crowd
loved 'em) when he did his Sonny Boy Williamson thing, including the no-hands
harp trick. But then, on the last encore, Estrin got up alone and did a John Lee
"Sonny Boy" Williamson song.
 These guys are so solid.
WE all have our favorite harp players. I'm putting Rick Estrin way up high on
my list.

Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
still a fool for the harp