Re: Kim Wilson

I don't see any problem with this and here's why. The album Kim made to appeal to
this wide audience was a successful one. This is known in the "punk/ska/rock"
world as "selling out." Is this a bad thing? It depends on how you look at it. For
many bands, it is. For Kim, however, it was a godsend. He made the album, hit the
top of the charts, made his millions and now he can just do what he loves. He
travels the country, plays the blues the way he wants to play it and doesn't have
to worry about where his next meal is coming from or where his family's next meal
is coming from. It is the perfect gig for him.

Kim took advantage of an opportunity to make some cash and that's fine. He didn't
compromise the music. He didn't get lost in the profit. He came right back to his
roots and continues to be one of the most tasteful musicians on the blues racket
today.

Love,

~Me