from Argentina

On Tuesday night, I went to the 1216º (one thousand, two hundred
sixteenth...I didn't type wrong) session of "Jazzology". This is a damn
good series of shows given at a public theatre (Teatro General San
Martín), where I had the chance to see one of our best blues/jazz
singer, Mrs. Mona Fraiman, with the maestro Luis Robinson on harp. She's
carrying on a solo effort, after being a member of  a four women band
called "Las Blacanblus". She made nice versions of traditional
jazz/blues tunes. I picked her demo CD after the show, from where I love
Ms. Celie's Blues (remember "The Color Purple"?). Robinson does a nice
solo with chromatic. If any of you harp-l members wish to hear how
Argentinians sing and play the blues, I can send some seconds of this
tune in mp3 format, previously asking Mona for her permission to do so.

Fernando Toral