Re: TB Question for Winslow[or anybody,really]

In a message dated 6/24/2003 7:22:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
UnknownSender@UnknownDomain writes:

> Another technique that I like to use, but I don't have a name for is when
> you play a four-hole octave and flutter your tongue back and forth across
> the middle-two notes so that the octave plays constantly in conjunction
> with the tongue flutter.

       This can also be done while tongueblocking a single note and tongue
slapping the three notes below it. Kim Wilson does this in his big harp
breakdown in his life shows
       I'm in the middle of the Little Walter bio and Louis Myers claims that
he had never heard anyone before Walter do a 2 note "shake" or trill ala 3
and 4 draw. Offhand I can't think of anyone doing it before Walter either but it
seems like such a simple thing that someone must have done it before him.
Anyone?
       Ryan

- --
Harp-l is sponsored by SPAH.