From: PL500@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:31:24 EDT
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: live muddy waters reissue

In a message dated 6/19/03 7:36:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Gatorharp@xxxxxxx writes:

the late 70s album muddy "mississippi" waters live has been (or is about) to
be re-issued.  this was recorded during his time with the blue sky label,
where he was produced with tlc by johnny winter.  these were my first
introduction
the muddy's recording...for the young'uns out there, there was a time when
you could walk into a decent record store and ~not~ find a decent muddy
sampler
of his chess work (for a variety of reasons).
anyway, the album has been expanded from one lp length album to a two disc
set.
harp content...there's some on there, and i'm pretty sure it was jerry
portnoy, but it's been a long time since i've had this, so i could be wrong
about
who.

steven j gatorman

That was the first real blues recording I woned. I picked it up on tape for
like $3 and I loved it. That's a great version of Mannish Boy on that one
too. 19 Years old is pretty serious too. Great CD, worth the cash. The harp
players are Jerry Portnoy and James Cotton

Andrew