Groovin!

       A couple of years ago I subbed on a Young Rascals gig in =
Syracuse, NY....with Dino Danelli, Gene Cornish an Organist/Singer doing =
the Felix Cavaliere chair and I guess I was the Eddie Bragatti....At the =
rehearsal I offered to play the harp part on "Groovin" and Gene gave me =
a look and whipped out an Eb Blues Harp. He said, "That was me , so I'LL =
play it!"....oops!

     This week, I was in the studio in NY with Felix Cavaliere, I was =
asked to play on a Burger King spot with a remake of (you guessed =
it)..."Groovin"....so i finally got to play it,-) .The arranger =
transcribed the part off the record, the song is in Eb, I could have =
easily played it on chromatic, but thought I should stick to the =
original axe which is 1st position on an Eb Diatonic. The part is pretty =
simple and Gene used an awful lot of Hand Vibrato. But it's fun tryin' =
to cop the record "feel".  I figured since it was a BK spot, they should =
"Have it their way"!!!,)) Felix was a gentleman and still sings GREAT!!! =
 It was a fun date!

all the best, rob paparozzi