Re: Other instruments that Harp-L'ers Play

Andrew:
> Bass wasn't all that bad (It could have been
> worse, I could have started out as a guitar player).

Well, I can't imagine what should be bad to play guitar.

Guitar was the first instrument that I wanted to learn when I was 12
years old. And I have learned a lot about music theory and I've learned
to read music, when I got guitar lessons back then. What I like with the
guitar is the possibility to play chords, rhythm and solo, it can be
used for all styles of music from punk rock to classical music, I can
play it accoustically or amplified what gives a lot of possibilities for
different sounds.
I never was a good guitar player, most time I play it at home and not in
public, also to accompany myself while playing harp, and most songs that
I "wrote" were born with the guitar in my hands.

Of course Harmonica is my first instrument, mostly diatonic but also
trying to become better with the chrom and the bassharp. Besides that I
am trying to learn a bit of Melodica and -since a few weeks- also
Claviola and sometimes I am taking one of those jaw harps...Singing ?
Only lullabies for my children, who asked me to not do it in
public...;-)

Otto