Re: Other instruments that Harp-L'ers Play

Hi all:

I play lap steel and guitar, but not enough of either to scare anyone.

I learned guitar enough to show _real_ guitar players what I'm looking
for, to assist my own understanding of theory, and just generally to
help me be able to communicate with other musicians. I learned what
lap steel I know because I love the whine :-), and for some strange
reason it just _feeels_ right when I play it.

And I sing. Lots. But I'm a harp player who sings, not a singer who
plays harp. That difference might not be important to anyone but me
but it _is_ important to me.

The first instruments I tried were accordion (almost killed my
interest in learning an instrument but I respect it) and snare drum in
a military marching band.

Bottom line: I love harp. and it's the instrument I realy care about.
I don't need to be good on lap or guitar--I "need" to be as good as I
can be on harp. I don't mean better than other people--I know there's
always some 16 year old kid in a basement who can blow lotsa folk's
socks off, including mine--I just need to be as good as _I_ can be,
for me.

Mighta been smarter to love being a doctor or an engineer :-) but I'm
happy being a harp player.

- --
Best regards,
 Ron/datadigr                            mailto:rdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx