Re: Other instruments that Harp-L'ers Play

- --- Jimbeau Harp <jimbeauharp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is harmonica the only instrument you play?

No

> If no, what other instruments do you play?

I play a bit of piano and am learning guitar.

I had some piano lessons as a kid, but somehow
couldn't realte to the classical I was being taught
as well as the blues, which got a-hold of me and
never let go.

One day when I was about 11 I heard live accoustic
blues harp being played and decided right then and
there, "I wanna do THAT!" Harp remains my great
musical love and is, most assuredly, my main ax.

Came back to piano as an adult, mostly to help
myself gain a better understanding of musical
relationships (theory!). I often play chords with
my left hand and play harp over it.

I bought an accoustic guitar about a year ago and
have really enjoyed learning stuff on it. I'm no
pro, but it's a lot of fun and I can play through a
rack while strumming. Getting better slowly.

Only play harp and sing in performances.

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens