Re: So Stigma!

> Come on, let's admit it.  You wouldn't be on this list if you
> didn't think
> that the harmonica is one of the most beautiful instruments in the
> world.
> I couldn't put all those hours in everyday on another instrument;
> so who
> cares what a few people think.

Man, I am so glad that life isn`t a popularity contest.  Whew!  Now I can go on and continue what I started.  Robert is right.  Everyone of us on this list and other similar lists began playing the harmonica because the sound touched our soul!!
We didn`t just say to ourselves, "oh thats a nice sound I think I will play the harmonica" NO.  Most of heard the harmonica and said, "shit! how do they do that, I wonder if I can do that?"  I don`t know of too many harp players that haven`t had the harmonica reach their soul very quickly and that feeling doesn`t go away....thank God!

>> It's our time to have fun with this little instrument and let the
> rest of
> the world catch up!

Being able to play in college with different ensembles and even being about to do some work with one of the professors, I am doing some tango music by Piazzola with the guitar professor, has been a wonderful experience for me.
Those of you who are empassioned by the harmonica and the music that you play shouldn`t worry about stigmas.
It was the great scientist Dr. Jonas Salk who was asked about what he thought of the opinions of his peers when they didn`t agree with his ideas about finding a cure for polio.  He said he didn`t listen to the opinions and persued his ideas without hesitation.  He said,"life isn`t a popularity contest"
We should learn to welcome stigma so we can dispell it.

regards,
Roger Gonzales