Re: Split Tongues (plus)

 Hey Larry boy (I get the hey Jude all the time, no problem, actually kin=
da
like it.),=0D
 =0D
You say all these things have been covered before, but I really am curiou=
as to whether people actually split their tongues to play better.  In my =
job
 I have seen piercing in ever conceivable place (some places you don't ev=
en
want to THINK about) and earlobe plugs, etc, but haven't actually seen an=
other permanent anatomy changes.=0D
 =0D
The part about being too white:  I am glad to hear others have had that
thought.  I spent a couple years in rural NC recently, working with poor
black folks.  I went to a few church services and wow that was an eye ope=
ner
  The music I heard was just like off one of the cds, except that it was
religious.  Lots of call and response, much like the guitar or vocal and =
the
harmonica.=0D
 =0D
I continue to struggle with the 2nd and 3rd draw bends.  I can nail them=20
bout every time, even without sliding down from the draw, but it sounds s=
breathy and guttural - not a clean sound like I hear the big boys play.  =
It
is the same on my cheapo hot metal harps as it is on my Lee Oskar, so it =
has
to be me.  I am doing scales till my jaws hurt.  I play to downloaded jam
session on one of the harmonica sites, and also midi 12 bar blues backup.=
=20
But way more fun to play with people.  I actually seem to sound better th=
en.
 But not a lot of folks around to play with just now as most of the folks=
know do straight country and it just doesn't sound the same - doesn't hav=
the same... intensity.=0D
 =0D
Oh well, guess I am rattling on this morning.  I sure do enjoy reading th=
is
list.=0D
 =0D
 Jude=0D