Re: Split Tongues

bhunneke@xxxxxxx writes:
<< If you haven't figured out where I am going with this And not that I'm
even remotely considering it.
 I couldn't help thinking what the harmonica community's collective wisdom is
on this thing.
 What extraordinary feats of pyrotechnics does a split tongue offer on
harmonica  ?
 Could make for some very interesting chords 'que no?
 Please excuse me if this one has already been around block but I just
couldn't help throwing it out
 there >>

i've seen someone on tv who could move the individual...what would you call
those?  well, the two forks of his forked tongue, i guess, in opposing
directions...up and down.
if you got control of the thing, you could have more than one split.  like
say play a d-minor chord on a c harp (holes 4-8).  then you could block out the
third and seventh and have a power chord type thing.  or if you had real
control, you could hold a note on the left, and then do a flutter on the right.  or
even two flutters.
i think the possibilities of the split tongue and the xb-40 in tandem are the
future of harp.  you read it here first...

steven j gatorman