Re[2]: Positions, chromatics, jams and an unholy mess

Tuesday, June 03, 2003, 9:28:06 PM, Mark wrote:

MC> Been falling on my face at jams too much lately  - 3/4s
MC> of the music played isn't blues -  its all minor key "new
MC> rock" (not that I mind the different music)

MC> Does a single chromatic solve these problems?

It could, but not easily. Worth learning but you won't be jammin'
great tomorrow...

MC> whats the point of a valved diatonic (suzuki promasters) versus a chromatic?

Chromaticism, like a chromatic...different approach, worth learning
but you won't be jammin' great tomorrow...

MC> should i be looking at determining the most common keys these characters
MC> are playing in and fitting up with those minor key LO's instead?

_There's_ your most efficient route in my _opinion_. You'll be jamming
at least halfways decently tomorrow. Be careful, get the _natural_
minors first. Am for Am. Gm for Gm etc...natural minor. Harmonic minor
later.

Disclaimer: your mileage may differ.

Additional disclaimer info...
http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/deathsquad/disclaimer.html