Subject: re: blues organ players

Rainbow Jimmy wrote:

"I love playing blues organ music, but every time I've
added harp it doesn't fit right."

Yup, I agree.  Harp and organ seem to occupy the same
tonal space.  Since the organ tends to be "up front"
and punchy, harp tends to get lost.  When I am playing
with an organ player, I try to use higher-pitched
harps that cut through the B3 atmosphere.

A harp player's throat tremolo is just a poor man's
Lesley speaker.

Mr. G