RE: Screw on Connector

I replied to Ryan off list because he is local to me, but I thought that I'd make
a quick comment here.  I'm with Bob that rolling your own cable is the way to go.
 What I use is Canare GS-6 and it is as good or better than the Belden stuff was.
 I've used both and can say that right now it is a toss up between GS-6 and
Mogami 2524 for top-shelf hi-Z audio applications.  These cables have great
shielding and core, with a conductive shroud on the dielectric to eliminate
handling noise.

As for the connectors, they have always been a hassle but it is not impossible to
make a solid connection.  What I have had the best luck with is a Switchcraft
button to 1/4" plug adapter and taping the plug to the receptacle.  I'll put a
bit of DeOxit preservative into the shell so it doesn't corrode and they last a
long time.

Just a few ideas,
Pete