Fwd: a response from Iraq

Friends and family,

I love the way our actions are never really finished.
Travis My son-in-law is overseas in one of the
hotspots of the world and able to share music because
of a shared love of music with me.

LennyHarp

- --- Travis Hamilton <ham1941@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: "Travis Hamilton" <ham1941@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: lennyharp@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: An article about Lance Armstrong by his
> wife Kristin
> Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 03:55:21 -0700

- ---------------------------------

Hey there Mr. Lenny Harp,

hope things are good.  The article was wonderful.  It
made me really feel what she was talking about.  i
loved the dolphin analogy.

thanks for taking care of my wife and son as much as
you can.  I know she's appreciative of it and so am I.
 I'm glad we're so close to you all, so the drive is
quick.

Just wanted to let you know that part of your spirit
is alive and well with the Iraqi people.  It really
is.  I was able to talk and trade with a few of them a
couple of days ago.  It was a wonderful experience for
me.  one that I've wanted all along over
here...finally I got a taste of it...there's nothing
like a land then the people, that's where the true
experience comes from travelling, being with the
people and then the land and food and similarities and
differences and all..... anyway, back to part of you
in Iraq, I had the harmonica you gave me when I left.
I had it there, and an Iraqi man, probably in his
thirties saw it and wanted it.  He just didn't sort of
want it, but really wanted it.  he knew what it was
and was going to do whatever to get it.  So I traded
it to him.  I don't remember what I got....that's not
so important as the sounds I heard for the next hour
or so I was there.  A harmonica was playing.  An
harmonica from the states by the air of a one time
enemy but now brother Iraqi.  the sound was dancing
off of the nearby palm trees and other soldier and
Iraqi ears...i got some of it on tape.  So part of the
Lenny Harp lives in Iraq now.  And who knows maybe
down the road some famous harmonica player will come
out of a small village up by the Euphrates
river...where donkey's and barefeet is the norm.

thanks for everything,
your son in law,   Travis

>From: Lenny Henderson
>To: cyn_ buck
>Subject: An article about Lance Armstrong by his wife
Kristin
>Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:54:44 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Feriends,
>
>I don't know if you know about my facination with
>bicycle racing and of course right now the Tour de
>France. I spend at least an hour a day reading up on
>the latest happening from the tour. The internet is
>the greatest for getting instant updates from across
>the world especially when every major European news
>agency is covering the event. I came upon this
>article and was touched by the wifes perspective to
>this great athlete of this the greatest sporting
>event.
>
>Lenny
>
>"Falling in love with a man and an event"
>
>http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/2003-07-25-kristin-armstrong-on-lance_x.htm

>Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site
design software
>http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Protect your PC - Click here for McAfee.com VirusScan
Online