Re: My visit to Boulder

Hi Larry,

It was great to meet you face to face... and to
hear you play. What a great night!

(I would have responded earlier, but was off on my
own vacation just after your visit, and only got
back yesterday.)

That vintage Turner mic of yours was pretty hot,
running through my BJ. It would have been better if
we could have had more time to dial in your sound
before you had to play. Oh well... you did great
anyhoo!

That was a pretty tightly run jam, with some very
decent musicians. Mark Diamond on stand-up bass is
the real empitus behind that jam, I think.

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

P.S.
Hey Larry, that CD of your band, Park House Jam,
sounds GREAT! Thanks!! You should have jumped in on
that thread about Bonnie Raitt's cover of Runnaway!
Your version is very respectable indeed! Whew!
Go to Larry's Web site to check it out.
http://www.parkhousejam.com/index.html
Very nice sound!

- --- MaryLarryCarleighReilly Pratt <mlpratt@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> This week I visited Boulder, CO.  What an
> incredibly nice place and the
> people are so nice.  Whenever I visit a town I
> look for open mics.  Usually
> the phone call goes like this, "Hi, I hear you
> have an open mic tonight."
> First, the guy on the phone has to ask someone
> else if this is the case,
> then he says "Yeah, that's right."  Then you go
> through 20 yes/no questions
> trying to find out anything else. In Boulder, the
> guy on the phone
> immediately says, " Yeah, that's right.  The
> house band starts at 9:00pm for
> a set, jammers
> get up around 10:00pm.  But, be sure to sign in
> early. Sign up is at 8:30
> pm.  What instrument do you play?"
>
> I had the good fortune to meet Ken Mergentime at
> the Boulderado Hotel for
> the open mic.  It was very well run by Russ and
> Kyle (I think).  Russ builds
> his own amps (Russtech), so every one had an amp
> to use, in case they didn't
> have there own.  I used Ken's Fender Blues
> Junior.  It had a very nice tone,
> but
> being unfamiliar with it, I think I didn't really
> optimize the settings.
> When Ken got up to play it sounded great. He
> really has his Chicago chops
> well honed.  Thanks Ken for the hospitality.
> I'll let you know when I'm
> back in town.
>
> Best Regards to All,
>
> Larry Boy Pratt

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens